As I'm typing this:
- I have a load of clothes being washed in my washing machine.
- Another load of clothes is being dried in an automated dryer.
- A load of dirty dishes is being washed and dried in my automatic dishwasher.
- My lunch is being automatically heated to a perfect serving temperature by a combination microwave/convection oven.
So far, so good, but that's all 20th century technology. While I waste time on my computer, I also have:
- a Scooba robot scrubbing and drying my kitchen floor (this is especially exciting to me, as I hate mopping floors and Scooba does a better job, and more often, than I ever would)
I'll be folding laundry soon, but that seems a small price to pay after having my clothes, floors, and dishes done. There isn't a robot to wash me
yet, but I was able to shower while my clothes and dishes got washed because of smart faucets
that keep my shower and bath water at a constant temperature even when the clothes washer and dishwasher are making sudden, unpredictable changes in hot and cold water demand.
Life is good.
- 25 Aug 2007